Thursday, December 1, 2011

10 months old!

Yes, I'm late. So late, in fact, that today, you are actually 11 months old. And though I'll try my hardest not to be so late for your 11th month, I kind of enjoyed waiting until later in the month to write your post. It's so fun to see how much you've changed from the beginning of one month to the end. This month delivered, and I saw your personality come out more than ever.
You're trying so hard to crawl and get frustrated when you have your eye on something out of your reach. You'll stretch as far as you can from a sitting position until you fall forward, face first, and stretch your legs out till you're on your belly. It's not graceful by any means, and quite funny to witness. Then you try  your hardest to move forward to get to what you want. Most of the time you end up sliding backward...I think you may end up being a belly crawler rather than a hands and knees crawler.


You love to give and get kisses and you even make little kissing noises. When someone kisses you on the cheek, you giggle and lean in for more. I love this.

You are such a little chatter box. You can talk, and talk, and talk. You say "dada" and "mama" pretty clearly. And though we haven't heard you actually say any other words, you will often mimic sounds like "ooo", "ahhh" and "hiiiii". Especially if your sister says them.  You think she's pretty big stuff. And still, nobody can make you laugh quite like she does.

You're still petite, but I'm not sure that will ever change. I am anxious to see how much you weigh, since we haven't got a weight on you since your 9 month check. Despite your size, you can eat like no other. You really know how to put food away, and when you see us eating you demand to be fed too. You are still a huge fan of your cereal with your fruits mixed in. You also love bananas, toast, crackers, and carrots..you're becoming pretty good at picking up small pieces of food and eating them by yourself. It just doesn't seem like you should be old enough to be doing this.

You still sleep in our room with us, though you rarely wake during the night. Even though you will share a room with your sister, I still haven't trusted to put you in there with her at night, as I'm afraid she might get excited and wake you..:) I love coming into our room when you wake up, rolling over onto your belly, pushing yourself up with your hands, and stretching your neck as far as you can to see over the side, watching intently for us to enter the room. It makes me laugh, everytime.

When we were at your friend Mollie's house, you tried out her jumper and you loved it, so we just recently found one just like hers for you. It's your new favorite thing. You get so excited and move your little legs fast. It's pretty comical to watch. And I love how entertaining it is for you.

You grab for anything you can get your hands on and everything, of course, goes straight to your mouth. I can already tell once you figure out how to move you're going to be getting into all of those things you've had your eye on.

It's been such a fun, busy month. I have loved watching you learn so much this month. From talking more to moving more, I am amazed day after day by how quickly you are changing before my eyes.

We love you, bean!



No comments: