Thursday, July 21, 2011

Physical Therapy.

At Lillian's 6 month check, I expressed concern that she wasn't rolling over or lifting her head up when laying on her tummy.  Her doctor also noticed she wasn't really using her arms at all to push up off the floor, but rather just letting them flop to the side, face into the floor.
So on Tuesday, we had her first physical therapy evaluation. When we left the NICU back in February, we knew physical therapy was likely in our future--A small hurdle, I thought, compared to the 6 weeks she had spent in the hospital. And though I knew this in my mind, it still didn't stop me from worrying about what was to come. The unknown is a scary thing, and it's a mother's natural instinct to worry about her children. But the truth is--it's JUST physical therapy. And after meeting with the physical therapist on Tuesday, I'm feeling much more comfortable with the idea.

So I'm excited for this. I know this is really going to benefit her, and I'm anxious to see the progress she's going to make with it.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

I can identify with those beginning feelings when introduced to the world of needing some extra help to push along those milestones. It does feel uncertain. But I learned after that first therapy evaluation too that it was alright. In fact, it felt good to have someone there so knowledgeable and experienced to help.

Does Lillian by any chance see Jodi? That's who Cayman goes to.

Holly said...

Kristen-Yes, she does see Jodi! She is very sweet and put my mind at ease.