Thursday, February 2, 2012

Happy Birthday, Adelynn Grace!

My funny, sweet, witty, beautiful, charming, firstborn...you are three years old today! I am so amazed by how much you have grown and changed over 3 short years. I look back to the day we brought you home, and I can still vividly remember sitting up in the bedroom cradling your tiny, scrunched up body in my arms. As I ran my fingers along your forehead and breathed in your sweet, new baby scent, I recall thinking "don't ever forget this." And I haven't. I have hung on to that memory and the complete aweness I had over you. Those moments and days following your birth were pure heaven. And though they seemed so surreal, they were very much concrete. Moments I had only dreamed about, I was finally living out. I was a mommy...a dream come true for me. If I could have stopped time in that very moment, I surely would have. But oh how I have loved watching you grow into the big girl you are now!

This year you became a big sister, and you took on the role with pride! I love watching you with your baby sister. You are very motherly toward her, watching over her and making sure she's taken care of. You love to help feed her, change her diapers, and make her laugh. You love making everyone laugh.

You love to sing and dance. You ask me all the time about when you'll be able to go to dance class. And you ask the same thing about school. You love going to Sunday school every week. I'm excited to see you do these things but sad to see you grow up so quickly.

Your gammie introduced you to Barney and it is now your favorite thing to watch.

You have also mastered how to use the potty. You still have occasional accidents but for the most part you've got it down.

We are so proud of you, Adelynn! And we are so thankful God has put you in our lives. We love you so very much.

Happy Birthday sweet girl!

2 comments:

Anna said...

Happy 3rd Birthday Adelynn! Jasmine, Tyler, & I just enjoyed your special video!!

Kristen said...

Aw, what a fun little girl! I'm so glad I stayed up to watch that. If all schedule-permitting, Mike and I always go to bed together. I told him to give me just two more minutes to check my email quick and then I will be bed-land bound. But then I saw you had a new post up, and well an additional two minutes and 49 seconds had to tacked onto that. :) Ha! The poor man had to wait! But it was worth it to see your birthday girl's montage. :)

Happy birthday Adelynn!