Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Our Chance.

This girl...she love's her "Chancey".


 Yes, I'm really writing a post about our dog. Our stinky, sweet, hairy, gentle, dirty, loyal dog....



I adopted Chance when I was in college. He really is a good dog..so to speak. He is so sweet with Adelynn. He's very calm and gentle, and he doesn't chew up things or potty on the carpet. Then here's where the "so to speak" comes in...

He sheds profusely (not his fault, I know), can be pretty stinky (again, not his fault), and occasioanlly he runs. When I use the term run, I mean like a bat out of hell. He used to aways somehow find a way to squeeze out the door, and he would run. Like run and not look back. And if he did look back, he would have a 'this is fun, come and get me' sort of look in his eye. No. Not fun. Sometimes he'd be gone for hours at a time. It would make me so stinkin' mad.


See, this guy and I, we have love/ hate relationship. Most of the time he drives me nuts. Don't get me wrong, I cry just as much as the next person whenever I see the ASPCA commericals, but I just get so irriated constantly cleaning up dog hair and always worrying people are going to think we're filthy when they sit on our floor and leave with a mess of dog hair on them. And then add the running too, well...lets just say we have our days.

But she loves him...



So, I guess I'll deal. And ok---I guess I kind of like him, too.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

SOOOO sweet!! Our dog hasn't really taken to Reese, so I'm excited for her to finally have a dog to cuddle with!

Unknown said...

Holly, you two aren't the only ones who are fiond of Chancey. We love him! I know he gives you headaches, but he is soooooooooo wonderful with all those kids who invade his house every day.

Holly said...

Ohh yes, he LOVES the kids!! And the attention, too! :) He misses them and I'm sure he'll be so excited to see them all back in the Fall.