Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Randomness.

This crazy Ohio weather has really been dampening my mood over the past week and causing my sinuses to go crazy. It seems like everyday I've woke up with a headache and my whole day is a whirlwind, as if my mind is in a thick fog. But today was better, and the storms last night seemed to break my hazy state. So with that being said, I give you...Randomness.

Easter Egg Hunt:
Saturday morning we decided to take the girls to the Easter Egg hunt. Adelynn, my fearless girl who is rarely shy, decided she really didn't want anything to do with it or the Easter Bunny. I think she became slightly overwhelmed by the amount of people.

Before the search for candy started:

Just as they said "Go!". She picked up about 4 pieces of candy:

And then the crowded started swarming, and my girl started crying and scrambling to get out:
And forget about the Easter Bunny. She looked at me with tears, shaking her head, she said, "I don't want to sit on his lap!"

But I did get one of my girls with the Easter Bunny:


Donuts:
Sunday morning Brian got us donuts. When he got Adelynn down from her chair to change her clothes, somebody decided to help themselves to the rest of her uneaten donut. And he made it pretty obvious.

He doesn't look guilty, does he?

I'm likin'....
These sweet little delicacies. My favorite this time of the year. I've consumed at least 5 or so of these bags this season. ..and Easter's not over yet.

I'm not likin'...
The flooring in our kitchen.

Have you ever been to our home before? It was built in 1948, and I'm pretty sure this is when the floor was laid. No, I'm not kidding. It's probably the ugliest floor I've ever seen. And no matter how hard I scrub, it never looks clean. It has some permanent age spots.
Character, eh?

But here's the scarier part....

Our furnace--I won't even post pictures. I think it's also been here since 1948. It's a beast. Ok, I'm kidding, they didn't actually have furnaces back then, did they? But seriously, it's old. So a new furnace and some new insulation in the walls are in working order. I guess the floors are going to have to wait. Ok, moving along...

I'm lovin'...
She does not like to have her picture taken, so I'm very surprised she let me get this. 
My big girl. I am amazed by how much she has grown. This second year seems to be going even more quickly than the first. It was like one day I woke up and she was talking to me in complete sentences, telling me all she likes and loudly telling me all she dislikes. She yelled at me today and then apologized when I told her she didn't need to yell. "Sorry, I didn't mean to.", she said. When did she get so BIG?

And yes, she still gets her pacifier at night and when she naps. I can't don't want to take it away from her. I've heard the occasional "she's too big for that", but it's a comfort to her, and she only wants it when she sleeps. It works for us. And if she's 12 and sleeps with it under her pillow, I won't tell her friends. :)

Then there's this girl...
She had her neonatal follow-up clinic yesterday and everything checked out beautifully. She's a little over 7lbs now, and developing right where she needs to be. I'm trying not to blink. Just yesterday I was standing over her isolete in the NICU, sobbing, praising God for this tiny, precious life, and praying she would make it through. I can still feel the heat of the bili light, I can still hear the dings of her monitor.

And I'm not going to lie..adjusting to being a mommy of 2 has been quite overwhelming at times. But it has never seemed so rewarding. And I'm enjoying every minute of it..

With that said, It's late, and the little stirs I'm hearing will soon be turning into hungry cries.

Happy Hump Day!

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Adelynn looks adorable in that outfit at the Easter Egg Hunt. A surprise package came to our door a couple months back and one of the items in it is a skirt like that for Cayman. I love it!!

I can relate to the kitchen floor woes. I have berber carpeting in mine. Hate it, hate it, hate it! Carpet in kitchen? Yuck. I am hoping this is the year we can finally get it gone, but like you, we've got a lot of other expenses too. So we shall see.