Saturday, August 27, 2011

Hello, Saturday!

My blog posts are becoming few and far between. Not because I don't like to sit and share what's going on, but because we've been so busy lately, life just hasn't presented many opportunities for quiet moments and time to sit without heavy eyes. So with a calm minute this morning as Adelynn watches a Barney video and Lillian plays on the floor,  I thought I'd give this a shot.

*******

I've been so blessed to be able to stay home with my girls. I knew even before we had kids I wanted to stay home with them. When Adelynn was born, I wasn't sure I would be able to do this. Afterall, Brian and I had only been married for a year. Brian was fresh into a new job and I was just out of college and still paying for it (If only I had taken those Dave Ramsey classes just a little sooner!). But I was able too. And what has made it possible is by watching other children too. So every year around this time, we have four or five other children who come to live with us. Ok, so they don't necessarily  "live" with us, but they do join our lives on a daily basis and become part of our family. We love these kids and do our best to make sure when they come here they feel like this is home to them. It's been the first time we've had them all back since Lillian was born in December. So this week we've jumped right back into it. With four more kids added, our house has become lively and loud. I like to call it organized chaos. And I love it.
(We're a couple less here--we're missing Kate and Emilee!)
******

We moved both girls upstairs, so they now share a room. The room downstairs that used to be Adelynn's bedroom has now become a toy room. I love having both girls close to us upstairs, and it's nice to have a room downstairs where the kids can play and keep all of their toys. It's a work in progress with a few changes that still need to be made, but so far it has worked out really well.
*******
I'm amazed by the changes I'm seeing in her.

Physical therapy is going very well and we're seeing tremendous improvement in her upper body strength. She's rolling over more and is able to lift her head up and support herself with her arms now. These were things she was unable to do when she first started therapy a little over a month ago.

*******

Her imagination is budding and I love watching her play when I'm not looking. I'm not sure I like how fast she's growing up. I caught her on video last week and I couldn't help but laugh.

********

After a busy week, we're glad to have a weekend for some rest and recovery. I've been pretty stuffy and Lillian has her first cold--it's actually the first time she's ever been sick since coming home. I'm keeping a watchful eye on her, still nervous and not knowing how her body will handle even a small cold with the other complications she's had. But she's doing alright. A little stuffy and had a hard time getting comfortable last night, but still giving us lots of smiles and babbles this morning. So with that, we're planning on doing a whole lot of nothing this weekend. Hello, Saturday!
Happy Weekend!


No comments: