Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Surgery.

Still unsure of when I would be having surgery to get this crazy kidney stone removed, I asked the doctors office to call me on Monday when I was released from the hospital so I knew when to plan for it.

I was napping when the phone rang, and my heart sank when she said they had me penciled in for August 23. 3 weeks!?! Couldn't they get me in any earlier!? I reluctantly agreed and hung up the phone. And then I sobbed..

I was tired and uncomfortable. There was no way I could feel this way for 3 weeks. Sure, they had given me percocet to take for the pain..but for 3 weeks?? I needed to get this over with before then and move on. After all, I have a toddler and a baby I need to keep up with--there's no time for me to be sick, and certainly not for 3 weeks! Not to mention, August 23rd is the first day of school. I have parents relying on me to be ready to watch their children. I needed to feel better before then...

So I picked up the phone and dialed them back. She must have called right before they closed because I got the answering machine and I think I mumbled between sobs something like, "Please, if there is any way you can get me in before Aug 23 to get this stone out--I have 2 girls I need to take care of and right now I'm so uncomfortable. I don't think I can do this for another 3 weeks.."

 It was certainly not a smooth message, and I felt embarrassed when I hung up the phone. I was running on very little sleep, not feeling very well, and was rather emotional. I'm sure they were thinking, "wow, this girl is one hot mess!"

They called me back first thing the next morning and agreed to get me in for emergency surgery this Friday. I timidly apologized. I felt bad crying, but I am very grateful for them getting me in earlier than 3 weeks from now...

So Friday it is..Whew!

And for now, I'm counting my blessings. I have so much to be thankful for!

No comments: