Friday, August 5, 2011

Postponed.

 I woke up early this morning, anxious about my surgery and ready to get it done and out of the way.

And just as I had dropped my girls off at my friend Brianne's house, I received a phone call from the doctor. A phone call explaining they were going to have to postpone my surgery until Tuesday.

Not knowing what to think, I sat silently as he explained the OR team wouldn't be available until later today. And since they had a large gap in the schedule on Tuesday, it only seemed appropriate to move the surgery.

And I'm thinking that though I would like to have had this surgery taken care of today, I am still very thankful I'm not going to have to wait until Aug. 23 to have it done..

 I've made it through the week and I can make it through the weekend.

So Brian is heading into work today, and Brianne graciously offered to still keep Adelynn so I can get some rest.

For now I'm off to take some percocet and catch a nap...Tuesday will come soon enough. :)

1 comment:

Kristen said...

May your nap be as sweet and soft as a bed of marshmallows! Praying for calmness for you. Days before surgery can be a build up of emotions, I know.