Friday, August 12, 2011

Picnic In The Park.

Summer seems to be sleeping through our fingers right before our eyes. So after being sick for the last couple of weeks and being up with a baby who didn't sleep well last night, I was determined to make the most of today--to soak up as much as we can of these last few days of Summer.

Today, we decided to pack up and head to George Bible Park for a picnic. And even though the park is just a few minutes away, packing up young kids for something such as this still requires some effort, not always proving to be the easiest task. However, it's always well worth the work it takes to make it happen--to have these special moments with my girls.

Just to prove even a simple trip with 2 kids is never dull, we started off with the car running, both girls in their carseats, and me standing outside of the car..locked out by Adelynn. I spent about 5 minutes trying to explain to her from outside the car how to unlock the door. And when she was unable to unlock it, I spent another 3 minutes frantically searching for the spare key in our house. All of this of course, before we even left our driveway.

But nevertheless, we made it to the park and had a wonderful time. The weather was beautiful and it was a perfect day for a picnic..



2 comments:

Gayla said...

So Cute!!!!!!

Kristen said...

I totally (!) understand getting out the door with two kids...big trip or small, lots of strategy, planning, packing, and hauling. I have to remind myself to get out during the summer. I wait all winter long for the warm weather so we can be outside, and then summer comes and I am always surprised by how little time we end up spending outside. I'm sure the work load just to venture out has everything to do with it. Gotta make the effort to get out more. You're right, it is worth it!