Thursday, August 11, 2011

Lillian is 7 months old!

 Lillian, at 7 months old it's hard to believe you're just that much closer to a year.
I love watching you grow and learn, soaking in everything around you. As you watch your bigger sister, I can tell your little mind is turning--It's as though your saying "Just wait, someday I'll be able to do that.." You laugh and giggle as she dances and talks to you. You love her, and she loves you...very much.
And speaking of your little giggle..Oh, it's so infectious. You're such a happy baby.
You've been introduced to a variety of fruits and vegetables and we've found that despite your petite little body shows, you LOVE to eat! I think you get that from your momma. Your first taste of a fruit was pears, and you loved them. Your first vegetable was peas, and you loved them equally as much.
You're sleeping through the night now, going down about 7pm and not waking to eat until 6-6:30am. What a special treat this has been for mommy and daddy!
You started physical therapy to help build your muscles stronger, and you've shown tremendous improvement. We can see the most improvement in your upper body strength. You're rolling over now and pushing your self up with your arms when you are on your belly--things you were unable to do just a month ago. We are so proud of you..you are doing amazing!
Your eyes are dark and soulful, and in them I can see understanding there beyond your 7 month body. I sometimes wonder if you know much more than what I think you do about the world around you, especially with all you've been through. Perhaps a deeper understanding of the way this world works.
I imagine those early days you spent in the hospital, so tiny and frail, the Lord wrapped his arms around you tightly and whispered in your ear "You are mine. I will take care of you." I'm so thankful He has chose me to be your mommy and allowed me to hold you in my arms for your time here on earth.
7 months and counting Lillian Faith. We love you so much!


No comments: