Thursday, May 26, 2011

Movin' on up.

Lillian had a weight check yesterday, and while I normally dread weight checks, this one turned out to be quite different. Because for the first time, the doctor said, "I think she's just going to be petite."

Those words were music to my ears.

Usually I leave those appointments feeling beaten up and drained, wondering what I could be doing differently to help her start gaining more. And I've spent many sleepless nights worrying myself sick over her growth. Is she gaining enough? Is she getting enough to eat? Am I doing something wrong?
And To hear the doctor say she was thriving and there was no concern about her weight was such a relief. For once I felt a victory, rather than a failure.
She'll be 5 months old next week, and at 8lbs 7oz now she is growing beautifully.  
She's movin' on up. :)

2 comments:

Anna said...

Great Job Holly! You have worked very hard to be the best possible mommy to Lillian- so glad to hear that your appointment went well and that you left encouraged and not discouraged! These pictures are beautiful! I love the one of your feet!! I still have yet to paint Jasmine's nails...i'm starting to think that I need to do that soon!

Kristen said...

I am just beaming for you. What a sweet rest for your mommy heart to hear. Praising Jesus for that!

Love all these pictures!! They're beautiful! The toe one really made me smile.