Monday, May 23, 2011

Today.

Today was a rough day for Lillian. She just wanted to be held and couldn't seemed to get settled. She would fall alseep in my arms and the minute I put her down she would wake up. I would pick her back up, rock her back to sleep, lay her down again, and her eyes would pop open. We did this several times, over and over, with the same result. And by the end of the day she was so exhausted (and so was I!). When Brian came home from work he suggested going for a ride with her. So after putting Adelynn down for the night, he gave me a little break, and loaded Lillian up for a car ride. It seemed to do the trick, that is, until he walked through the front door and she immediately woke up again! But thankfully, she went back to sleep shortly after, and is peacefully sleeping upstairs right now.

Despite her rocky day, for about 15 minutes this afternoon she seemed to be in a wonderful mood. I happened to catch it on video. And by the looks of it, you would never have guessed the majority of her day was filled with restlessness and tears.


 As I watched her today, I thanked God for a healthy, lively baby girl. It was just a few short months ago, I was praying to God just for her to survive in this world, for Him to make her strong. And I watched the hand of God work miracles as she sailed through her first months of life with minimal issues, much to the amazement of the doctors and nurses. Oh, what a blessing she has been to us, and we are so thankful to God for answered prayers.

Here's to a restful night. :)

1 comment:

Kristen said...

I am voting for a non-fussy Tuesday! All in agreement please raise their hands *cough* Lillian *cough* Kobe *cough*.

I am so sorry about your rough Monday. Days like that are exhausting. How nice of Brian to help like that. Kobe was that same way yesterday. Not all day, just in the evening. All of my plans for helping Mike get some projects done around here were thrown out the window. Kobe is a happy little guy this morning. I hope the same can be said for Miss Lilly.

Happy Tuesday!